Why have our Showa glove prices increased?
We apologise for having to - hopefully temporarily - increase the cost of our gloves. Unfortunately, we are responding to the exceptional circumstances in the market at the moment, and the price increase reflects what we are now paying for stock.
We want to share what we know about the disposable gloves market, to help shed some light and reassure you we are not upping our pricing just to line our pockets.
What we know:
- As expected, global demand at present is through the roof; the NHS in the UK and healthcare providers in Europe are using around 6 times their normal level of disposable gloves. The NHS in England used their entire forecasted requirement for the year in the first 2 months of 2021.
- Evidencing this global stock crisis, Forbes published that in December 2020, the U.S. national stockpile reported only 72 million gloves on hand out of a target of 4.5 billion (this is 1.6% - a scary stat going into the 2nd year of the pandemic!)
- According to Singapore-based Persistence Market Research, a box of 100 (non sustainable) nitrile gloves which cost around $3 pre-pandemic, now costs as much as $32.
Our promise to you:
- We have a fantastic relationship with our supplier, who is sharing market predictions with us regularly so we can respond by reducing our prices again as soon as possible.
- We will continue to closely monitor pricing in the UK to ensure we remain competitive against companies who have consistent stock availability in the range of sizes that we do for Showa gloves.
As always, get in contact at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns!